Tuesday, April 30, 2013

She named the bunny Vorpal.

That sheepish expression? It's highly improper for him to be asking after a girl that he hasn't been formally introduced to, and he knows it.

I picked up a copy of Journeys of a German in England in 1782. I haven't got very far, but I'm finding it far more readable than Boswell.

The Viking Festival was like the Ohio Renaissance Festival in miniature, but more reasonably priced. The costuming was excellent, I recognized many of the people there from ORen. The food and the vendors were first-rate. There was even a longboat. One of the Vikings had a rabbit in a wooden cage. Seeing that piece of ingenuity really made my day.

Bonus: I was laying out some pages for chapter 5 and listening to random music on youtube, when up came the song Aimo from Macross Frontier. I don't speak Japanese, so I googled the lyrics to see what they meant. Bizarrely enough, the chorus goes:

Luray lureia
The skylarks that dance in the sky are tears
Luray lureia
You’re a kind and green child

That's pretty awesome, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment