Monday, July 25, 2011

Lesser Evils

Ok, so the previous post was written a few years ago. The idea never went anywhere. But recently I looked at it from a different angle and with the idea of Halloween ornaments. See what you think of this:

When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies
-James Barrie

Well, even the Elder God was a baby once (although he was no Anne Geddes if you know what I mean!) And the results of his first evil, sanity-rending laugh were unbelievable....
Since their true names have demonstrated soul-shattering effects, I address these baby monstrosities collectively as Lesser Evils. (I considered Gargles, Gibbers and Little Evils but Lesser Evils won out)

I started experimenting with what they should look like. Trying to get the complicated mix of baby cuteness, malevolence, and insanity all in there. I don't know that I've succeeded, but give me time.

I'm also working on a hangtag and adoption papers for them, including care and feeding instructions (you should know what you're getting into!)






1 comment:

  1. Cute and creepie! Love them. The care and feeding instructions is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete