Monday, July 4, 2011

It's the 4th of July, which in America means parades, cookouts, and fireworks. I did watch the parade this morning, and from quite a nice spot on a covered porch. This is a military town and the parade was literally 2 hours long. The food at the barbeque was delicious! I ate quite a lot. When the guys started bringing out the board games, I excused myself and came home.
So, I painted dino Mary & Jesus (with the pterdactyl still to go). A storm blew in and out quickly, cooling things down a bit. I started on the house organizing. The mess around here has gotten out of hand, and I admit: It's my fault. But it's also more than I feel able to deal with all at once, so I started with the simple things. First I purged old paperwork from the filing cabinet. Then I picked up the living room and bedroom. Working from the outer edges toward ground zero, my desk/crafting area. It's a 5'x12' space that's half the dining area. Before it got so messy, it was my workout space as well. Isn't that sad? If only I could sell this table! That would double my work space, easy.

I need to get back to cleaning before I lose motivation.

I meant this blog to be about interesting things, like dinosaur nativities and clockwork birds. Maybe next time, once I get this boring cleaning stuff over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment