Friday, September 2, 2011

Autumn Santas

I would have a lot to show you, because I've finished more wonderful autumn-themed Santas, but my husband took the camera to Dragoncon(lucky bastid), and I don't have a backup plan. So I'll have to wait until next week to introduce you.

I can describe them, I suppose. These are ornaments meant to hang. They are about 5" standing or 3.5" sitting. One is the 'Headless Horseman' or 'Pumpkinhead' Santa. Of course he has a shiny gold jack-o-lantern for a head. He has a black cloak thrown over his Santa outfit, with details picked out in metallic silver & gold.

The second is an Autumn Harvest Santa. He's dressed in autumn colors, and straw peeks out from his costume where fur trim usually is. He's like fat little scarecrow meets David the Gnome. He wears a little brown Santa hat with more straw and holds a pumpkin-shaped sign that says 'Give Thanks.'

Third... can I admit this is my favorite idea? We have psycho Santa. He's a dirty old fellow, his eyes are yellowed and creepy, and he holds a sign that says "I see you when you're sleeping." Great for your horror movie fan, will probably make children wet the bed.

Renaissance festival opens tomorrow. I'm feeling very anxious, but hopefully that will wear off and it will be like I never left. A lot going on at work. Less said, the better, but if it gets unpleasant I may be job hunting again soon. Family owned, family drama, I guess.

But really, life is good and I shouldn't dwell on the little problems. Til next week then!

No comments:

Post a Comment