Sunday, February 3, 2013

My, what fine yet rustic architecture....

Did a little rearranging. As of today, this link:

http://www.minimumwagefaeries.com/siloen.html

will always take you to the newest page.

Remember the cast iron gates in Chapter 1?
That taught me why I shouldn't try to render straight hard lines with a paintbrush. It took a lot of work with Photoshop to clean up the errors. I tried out calligraphy pens briefly, but the scritch scritch was driving me crazy.
For this page, I acquired a set of used Rapidograph pens. I wasn't real impressed at first, then I realized it was the ink that was subpar. The pens are ok, but I rarely use them after this. Brush painting feels like poetry; technical pens are business. That's how I feel about it, anyway. Your milage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment