Friday, January 18, 2013

Page 8: Crossing the ha-ha

The perspective in the third panel is unfortunately not good. He is using a fallen tree to cross a deep ditch, known to Jane Austen readers as a ha-ha, also known as an ah-ah. It is a deep ditch with a high wall on one side that keeps stray sheep and deer from wandering into the garden. It is designed to be invisible until you're right on top of it so as not to ruin the view.

I work a month ahead of what I post, so I am working on the 2nd half of Chapter 2 right now. It was about here in Chapter 1 that I realized that the scan quality was poor and the colors were not in gamut for printer or web. No biggie for you. For me, it means if I ever want to see this in print, I have to do Chapter 1 over again. Well and there's other things I'd change- proper panels, better page composition, and better sequential action, as it looks choppy. I'm paying more attention to these details in Chapter 2. Someday I'd like to hand letter, but that's going to be a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment