Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tintype, Marlboro Man, and antique camera parts; pieces of my life.

Today at work I was handed a coat ("just leave it on that stack of boxes over there would you?")  and told it was THE coat worn by Marlboro Man in the old ads. I have no way of knowing or proving whether this is true, but it made a fine story.

I reassembled a set of fancy Victorian candleholders dripping with crystal prisms, threw up my hands at a Ferris Wheel Erector set, sorted through a cart of this-and-that, most of which was chaff, but a few things were worth my time. The first was a 1860s tintype photo of a woman in mourning clothes. The other was a cigar box filled with PARTS from turn of the century cameras. Talk about "they don't make these any more"!

And I fell in love with the soundtrack to Oscar and Lucinda. I haven't seen the movie, but after reading the synopsis, I might have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment